Bournemouth Montessori Centre is a Tier 4 Sponsor and welcomes students from all continents. Every effort will be made to ensure your time is positive, enjoyable and successful.
We provide a welcome pack with information that will support you to stay in England. All staff are happy to give advice and further information where necessary. Support in finding accommodation will be given if required.
The following steps must be taken in order for us to achieve a positive Confirmation of Acceptance to Study (CAS) from Immigrations and Visas:
- Complete a BMC application form and return with photographs, copies of your passport, qualifications and £300.00 registration fee. Overseas students will be charged for the CAS application fee and carriage charges where appropriate.
- Martha Mason, the Academic Director, will then find a mutually agreeable time to see or speak to you to discuss the course at length and show you around our Centre (or by Skype or telephone if necessary).
- You will need to complete an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination in order to be eligible for the course. For further guidance please see the UK Visas and Immigration website for further information about how to apply.
- If you intend to remain and work in the UK after graduation you must provide proof of the equivalent qualifications to GCSE English and Maths (Grade C or above). This means you will have to apply to have your qualifications compared by NARIC. This is the designated National Agency responsible for providing information, advice and expert opinion on qualifications worldwide. Working on behalf of the UK Government they provide a range of advisory services which compare international qualifications. Visit their website at: http://naric.org.uk/naric/.
- Prior to applying for your CAS we will require full payment of fees. However, if your visa application is unsuccessful BMC will refund 50% of your college fees.
- We are inspected by School Inspection Service who reported:
"Students are strongly affirmative of the benefits of their courses and the care and support shown to them by tutors and staff. Teaching, which is of a high quality, is characterised by a deep knowledge and understanding of the Montessori ethos and principles. All requirements relevant to UKBA are met".